To complement our normal rope access based tasks, Absen have fully qualified electricians, carpenters and plumbers on our workforce. We have undertaken a variety of skilled specific contracts that require specialist knowledge and expertise in electrical installation, plumbing and carpentry work.
- Installation of electrical and data cables internally and externally, also in confined spaces, including installation of cable trays, trunking and bespoke systems.
- Full & partial re-wires on neon display and advertising lighting boxes. Changing light bulbs on areas where access is a hazard or particularly troublesome, (Especially during Christmas on the big London stores where road closures could prove disruptive or unobtainable).
- Installing satellite cables, trays and ducting.
- Installation, testing and cleaning of fire protection systems, prism, detector removal and maintenance.
- Supply and install of wooden banisters, balustrades/ handrails and steps to most buildings, including listed properties etc. Our qualified carpenters will design and manufacture to specific dimensions and personal requirements. We also offer bespoke work.
- Install and removal of stud walls.
- Roof building, repairs, felting and sheet lead work including lead repair (bossing and welding).
- Our plumbers will install/replace internal and external pipe work including drainage, gas, hot and cold feeds, soil and vent, from plastic, cast iron, steel and copper. Most work is conducted in conjunction with certified fitters where applicable.
- Refurbishment of existing cast down pipes, soil and vent pipe work. (All surfaces prepared and re-coated using various specialists coatings/paint for prolonged life.
- Install guttering, overflow pipes and clear blocked rainwater/soil and vent drains.
- Our operatives are also able to carry out replacement of boiler flues where new boilers are fitted or up graded.
- Our plumbers will visit site and carry out a specific survey if required to locate a leak or problem and offer advice on reactive solutions.