Course Is Aimed At
This 2 – 3 day course can be delivered to suit various applications and is primarily aimed at those operatives who work at height, in exposed or isolated locations. The course covers the skills required by emergency first aiders, rope access supervisors, technicians and anyone working on high structures or in confined spaces.
- Current work at height legislation
- Introduction to first aid regulations
- First aid at work appointed person requirements
- Identifying workplace hazards, risk assessment and methodology
- Selection and use of appropriate personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Fall arrest and work positioning
- Use of rescue equipment
Reasonable level of health & fitness and aptitude to work at height and some previous first aid qualification/experience. Experience in working at height using harnesses, lanyards and where required rope access techniques. Minimum age of 18 and speak fluent English.
Certificate of competency will be issued for this course and is valid for 3 years.
Throughout the training, candidates will be assessed on their ability to work at height safely and carry out first aid techniques.