1- 2 days depending on client’s requirements
Course Is Aimed At
The course is aimed at those operatives who are required to climb structures using fall arrest and work positioning techniques.
- Introduction to work at height legislation
- Introduction into work at height hazards and hierarchy of control
- Selection of appropriate personal fall protection equipment
- Purchasing, logging and traceability of equipment under LOLER 98
- Pre use inspections
- Donning/doffing of harnesses
- Selection and use of appropriate lanyards
- Introduction to various types of fixed fall arrest systems
- Suspension intolerance
- Introduction to rescue requirements and provision
Reasonable level of health & fitness and aptitude to work at height. Minimum age of 18 and speak fluent English.
Certificate of competency will be issued for this course and valid for 3 years.
Throughout the training, candidates will be assessed on their ability to work at height safely, select and use appropriate equipment and use basic access techniques.