Course Is Aimed At
This course is designed for those operatives who intend to access rooftops or similar structures using temporary or pre- installed fall arrest systems and use work restraint techniques to carry out work at height.
- Introduction to current work at height legislation
- Hazard identification on rooftops
- Introduction to personal fall protection equipment
- Introduction to principals of work at height
- Selection and use of appropriate harnesses and lanyards
- Use of temporary and fixed fall arrest and restraint systems
- Provision of rescue
- Harness suspension intolerance
Reasonable level of health & fitness and aptitude to work at height. Minimum age of 18 and speak fluent English.
Certificate of competency will be issued for this course which is valid for 3 years.
Throughout the training, candidates will be assessed on their ability to work at height safely, select and use appropriate equipment and access techniques.