Course Is Aimed At
This course is primarily aimed at operatives who are required to work in confined spaces including, supervisors and anyone involved in planning and managing work in confined spaces. The courses are run at our purpose built facility in Ashford, Kent.
- Introduction into confined space regulation and associated legislation
- Indentifying confined spaces
- Planning confined space entry
- Indentifying hazards, risk assessment and methodology
- Formulating a safe system of work for confined spaces
- Access and egress using tripods, quad pods, winches and rope access techniques
- Atmosphere monitoring and gas detection
- Use of escape breathing apparatus
Reasonable level of health & fitness and aptitude to work in confined spaces. Minimum age of 18 and speak fluent English.
Certification will be issued for this course based on candidates achieving the required level of competency and passing a short written test. Certification is valid for 3 years.
Throughout the training, prospective candidates will be assessed on their ability to work in confined spaces safely select and use appropriate equipment.