Course Is Aimed At
The course is aimed at those operatives who are required to access any part of a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) on or offshore to carry out routine maintenance.
- Current work at height legislation
- WTG safe working procedures/practices
- Identifying workplace hazards, risk assessment and methodology
- Introduction to fixed safety systems found in WTG’s
- Selection and use of appropriate personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Fall arrest and work positioning
- Use of personal evacuation and rescue equipment
Reasonable level of health & fitness and aptitude to work at height. Minimum age of 18 and speak fluent English.
Certificate of competency will be issued for this course and is valid for 3 years. Note; this is NOT a Renewable UK approved training course.
Throughout the training, candidates will be assessed on their ability to work at height safely and use basic access techniques.